Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Did you really?



Hey You!! Yeah you! Little black girl hidden inside the dignified black woman. Did you really ever find your peace? Did you really ever find your beauty? Did you really ever accept your pretty brown skin and high up tooty?

Did you really ever smile in contentment when you looked in that mirror? Did you ever nod your head in approval & walked in nearer? Have you truly found your value? Do you really value your place or do you still play the role in order to save face?

Do you know that you are the daughter of a King and royalty is in your blood or do you ignore that and still lower your standards with men who's character is coated in mud? Did you know that your value is above rubies and that a man is supposed to pursue & find you? Did you know that your integrity is really what matters and not the price of your "red bottom" shoes?

Did you know that you attract what lays in the garden of your heart? So if you're constantly drawn to a insecure, abusive fool, stop for a minute and acknowledge your part.  It's never too late to be the person you were created to be but this means a complete renewal of your mind & rejection of what used to be.

I'm not saying that you should forsake everything and everyone you've ever known but I am saying that positive thinking and actions are REQUIRED or they'll find themselves alone.

From a woman like me to a woman like you, I'm not speaking from a place of "what I've heard", I'm speaking from what I now know and always knew. My self esteem was once so low, you would need a submarine to find it. I walked with my head bowed thinking a man was all I needed but I verbally denied it. If he screamed "Your priorities are messed up and you'll never succeed", I took that at face value, with acceptance and heed. My mouth screamed lies but my heart wondered otherwise. What if he's telling the truth? This I can't deny.

I forgot to look within and ask the ultimate friend. He knew me from the beginning and created me to WIN. 

So one day, I shook off the dust, wiped the tears, and put a stop to the pity party. I put on my big girl pants which happens to be sexy minus the naughty. My beauty comes from the value my Creator placed on me since birth. He said Nata Bee you are far from trash, you have high worth. You see I had to take you through those trials. I had to give you those tests because if I hadn't, you wouldn't be the woman you are today and STILL making progress. He said, by no means is your process finished nor have you arrived just yet so don't get all high and mighty thinking you can now rest. You see I made you to be confident, bold, beautiful, yet humble. The minute you forget that, your feet will stumble.  

So, little black girl inside the dignified woman's body, I hope you're reading this with a smile & a head that's nodding. Don't nod and applaud because the words I'm writing sound so cute. Nod and applaud thanking the Creator for his revelation and a "futuristic" new you. Nod and applaud that you will strive towards really being the woman he created you to be. Nod and applaud him for removing the scales from your eyes so you can REALLY see.

Forget about the naysayers and those that once hurt you. The BEST revenge is being better NOT bitter and striving to be the best you. You see everyone can't/won't handle who you are and what you will be so expect some to back away, expect some to flee. Growth is painful which is why many avoid doing it. Never let rejection be your guide. Instead let God take your hand to lead so you too can be anointed!

BOOM!! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it:)

Happy Learning!

Nata Bee

copyright © 2012 Renate' Bender All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment